Breezeway returned to the third hour of the Today Show to discuss short-term rental safety tips!
During the segment, Jeremy Gall, Breezeway's Founder & CEO, covers amenities and safety features that guests should be mindful of at vacation rentals. Check out the segment below.
Vacation rentals are the fastest growing segment in travel and are popular for so many reasons (space, privacy, unique location). Quality, cleanliness and safety remain a major focus for consumers, with millions of rental options available from both individual owners and professional managers with hundreds of homes. As we prepare to safely travel this spring and summer, here are a few things to keep in mind:
The best rental homes in prime locations will book quickly. For example, many popular destinations like Cape Cod and the Islands, the Carolinas, and the California Coast expect high occupancy rates this year. Guests can get the best deals by booking in advance, instead of waiting until the last minute. Remember to pay attention to cancellation and refund policies.
Look for Professionals
The best properties have strengthened their cleaning and safety protocols over the past year. When booking a property, prioritize listings that describe their professional operations, safety standards and cleaning procedures.
Communicate with your property manager or host before and during your stay. Ask questions about contactless check-in, property preparation and cleaning procedures. Remember, they are your resource to help you have a great experience at the home.
Get Familiar with the Property
Upon arrival, familiarize yourself with the home, layout, and amenities. Pay particular attention to the following safety considerations:
- Make sure you can easily access the property, and you feel secure coming in and getting out of the home.
- Check the property for operational smoke and carbon monoxide alarms, as well as fire extinguishers.
- Confirm information for emergencies or after-hour issues (e.g. phone number for manager/host, instructions on water shutoff, and location of electric panel).
- Make sure cleaning products and chemicals are safely stored and out of the reach of children.
- Be mindful of other things at the home that could pose a risk (e.g. pools, hot tubs, open stairs, low railings, bunk beds, tip-over or tripping hazards, accessibility issues).
Breezeway is helping national associations, professional managers and owners increase the quality and safety of rental homes through training programs and safety inspections. Owners use our tools to complete their own safety report, showcase their commitment to safety on their rental listing, and even save on their homeowners insurance.
If you have questions on how to establish a protocol for safety at your property, drop us a line.